Saturday, November 19, 2011

Roomie-(Yahoo user also), screwed up my bringing up My Yahoo as my Home pg., need to sign in-want changed back

I had "My Yahoo"-(my personalized yahoo website)-as my Home page, so it automatically came up as my Home page and I didn't have to sign in, it just came up as my page.


My roommate, who also uses Yahoo as his website started using my computer-(his Laptop died) and ever since he started using my computer, My Yahoo comes onto the screen and I need to sign in each time, which I don't want to do. How do I get my personalized Home page to pop up again, when I go onto the Internet?





Once I get my page to come up how can I have my roomie get onto his My Yahoo, without taking away My Yahoo personalized page?





Please tell me how to fix this situation, as it is beginning to frustrate me! Thanks

Roomie-(Yahoo user also), screwed up my bringing up My Yahoo as my Home pg., need to sign in-want changed back
The cause of this is that your roommate has his own Yahoo user id - hence one computer is used by two user-IDs (and therefore, there are now two Yahoo cookies for each).





When MyYahoo starts, it does not know which of the two user-IDs to open - so it asks you to sign in.





Once your roommate stops using your computer, the recent cookies will again default to your user ID.





Alternative fix: ask your roommate to use a different browser flavor (Firefox, Opera etc), so his cookie set will not interfere with yours, that are tied to your default browser.





Good luck!

FISH

No comments:

Post a Comment