Saturday, November 19, 2011

Shared photos via yahoo 360 not visible?

I have shared my yahoo photos on my Yahoo 360 page. I have shared them to "friends" category. But my yahoo friends (added into "friends" category) are not able to see any photos on my yahoo 360 webpage. Do I have to share each and every yahoo photo album to all my friends (via sending an email invitation)





Some friends are not seeing any shared album on my yahoo 360 webpage. Whereas some are only able to see those yahoo photo albums which I have shared to them via email couple of weeks back.





I was under the impression that you can make some groups in yahoo 360 and share selected yahoo albums with them. Then you don't need to go to each album and shre it via Email.





Please advise.

Shared photos via yahoo 360 not visible?
When you add new Friends to your 360 page, put them in the same category as the other friends. And then you may have to go and set share photos again. http://www.flickr.com/
Reply:Yahoo! Photos and Yahoo! 360 is a buggy partnership.





In order to for you to display albums in 360, you have to set "sharing" permissions for EACH album in Yahoo! Photos to "Public." Then, you should be able to go to the Photos module in 360 and change the permissions to whatever category. That's the only way it works consistently (supposedly).





However, I am able to have my permissions on "Private" in Yahoo! Photos and then share my albums only with "Friends" in 360. I was working fine until I tried to add more albums. Then, it disappeared. After contacting support, I tried again (several times over) and finally got it work the same way yesterday with moderate success. The slideshow buttons don't work for all albums, but if any friend clicks on "View Photos" they can see the album in Yahoo! Photos.





You might want to give up trying to make this work though through Yahoo! Photos. In about 3 months (in autumn), Yahoo! Photos will shut down. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/photos/... to read about all the details regarding the Yahoo! photos closing.


No comments:

Post a Comment