Saturday, November 19, 2011

Yahoo dsl pro isn't any faster than yahoo basic dsl.?

Yahoo dsl pro has done nothing to increase the speed of my dsl. I am extremly close to the dsl tower or what ever it's called which I heard speeds it up but it's not as fast as many of my friends whohave basic dsl. Yahoo dsl said it was'nt their fault it was soo slow and it must be the telephone wiring. We had all the wiring professionaly replace. and it still didn't go any faster. So they told us its probably our computer and we needed another computer for our home anyway so we bought a brand new one. Still our yahoo dsl pro was no faster and so we downgraded back to regular yahoo dsl. Has anyone else experienced this degree of problems with their yahoo dsl or know of any other ideas I can try to make it faster?

Yahoo dsl pro isn't any faster than yahoo basic dsl.?
I am in the beginning stage of this battle as well. Four months ago, I upgraded from basic to pro, only to find that my download speed has not increased. Upload has increased approximately 15-20% to 410Kbps. I've contacted AT%26amp;T Yahoo, only to be given the script trouble-shooting answers such as, "Clear Cookies, Delete Files and History. Allow all Cookies, turn off Internet Security" and turn 360 degrees, reboot your machine, reload OS, and chant a Christmas Jingle. I have not quite gotten the rewire the house telephone lines or rework the plumbing request, but I'm sure that'll be the next one. They've refutted my theory that it could possibly be the three-year old SpeedStream 5360 DSL router that's causing the bottle-neck, since 3.0Gbps wasn't even a techie's wet-dream when the router was designed.... Sorry that I don't have an answer for ya' - just wanted to let you know that you're not alone on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment