Friday, July 9, 2010

Why is yahoo mail lagging behind?

No Imap support, No free pop3 support, poor spam filtering. Want better spam filtering and pop 3 have to get yahoo mail plus. They should ditch the plus version and offer those features and more for free like Google and AOL/AIM and others do.





Why use yahoo mail if they can't match features of others.





I have been using yahoo mail for years and now I just keep getting to spam in my inbox.





The new yahoo mail looks nice and does win on best web mail look but adding contacts when composing an e-mail is poor compared to yahoo mail classic which lets you place check marks next to your contacts unlike the new yahoo mails which you have to hold down the ctrl key and click the contacts you want and you can't see some of the name of your contacts.





So why can't yahoo mail catch up with the others? I use to love yahoo mail but now i'm moving on to gmail. Yahoo mail has become a big mess to me and hotmail has a bad rep too. So if Microsoft joins with Yahoo. Nothing good will come of that.

Why is yahoo mail lagging behind?
I just use Yahoo mail for junk. It is the address I use when one is required for free samples, etc. I have a personal address issued by my local ISP for personal and monetary transactions. I have a Gmail account that I use in Thunderbird for other mail. I even have my Yahoo notifications through Gmail. Did you know that UK accounts have free POP3?





I would never use an online only account for important email. There is no way to save it on your computer.


§


No comments:

Post a Comment