Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yahoo Messenger stays active on top of other programs. How do I stop that?

When I have Yahoo Messenger open and deactive, it will automatically become an active window.


For example, I'll be typing something in an internet browser and then all of a sudden Yahoo Messenger becomes the active window. Then I will click back to the internet browser and continue typing and then all of a sudden Yahoo Messenger becomes the active window. Even when I'm Instant messeging a friend, while I'm typing after the the third letter I type, The IM window deactivates and Yahoo Messenger friend list becomes active.


I know for sure it is Yahoo messenger because the problem does not persist when it is closed.


I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but I still get the same problem.


I have uninstalled it and reinstalled older versions of yahoo messenger, but still get the same problem.


I am using the latest version of Yahoo.


I do not have any spyware or viruses, I ran a system scan.

Yahoo Messenger stays active on top of other programs. How do I stop that?
in the preferences inside yahoo there is an option. "alway on top" uncheck it.
Reply:i have yahoo messenger too.mine has done that before. waht i did was i clicked 'x' and it would pop up again.so i ended up signing out of my yahoo and signing in again and then when it would pop up again i would click 'cont. alt.del.' and i would click on the line that says yahoo messenger an i t wouldnt come back on.4 me anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment