Thursday, August 19, 2010

Alternative to Yahoo POP to get mail from other accounts INTO Yahoo?

OK, I have the "Plus!" account and want to use Yahoo as my single account. I have followed the instructions on the Yahoo help file labled "Can I get my other email (work, school, etc.) through Yahoo! Mail?". It basically tells you how to POP mail from your other accounts into Yahoo. Problem is - IT DOESN'T WORK. I've searched all over and all I keep hearing is, "Yes, Yahoo supports POP, but not SSL authentication." Well, my gmail account can do this, and it is free. My outlook account can do this, too. Why doesn't Yahoo support authentication? If anyone has any suggestion on how I can get my mail into my Yahoo account from other accounts, I would be most grateful. Just a note: forwarding my mail from other accounts is not an option. You lose the header information, and it looks like you got a million messages from yourself. Very difficult to sort through. Thanks in advance!

Alternative to Yahoo POP to get mail from other accounts INTO Yahoo?
I don't have any trouble with mine but I went through Yahoo help just the same and here's what I found for you.





http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/webhosting...


No comments:

Post a Comment