Thursday, August 19, 2010

I inadvertently un-installed Yahoo from my computer.?

MY problem is, after some researching to re install Yahoo, I can go there and my I.D. and password are the same but it hasn't appeared as a new program on my start up menu, which was titled Yahoo mail 2. As I said, even though I can get to yahoo and have downloaded the tool bar, the tool bar is not on any of the Yahoo pages. I am getting my aol tool bar, which is my default mail. I also have a Verizon Yahoo account as I am using Verizon to connect to the internet, which has a different i.d. and password than Yahoo 2. I need the Yahoo tool bar on Yahoo when I go there, like to my Yahoo mail or sign into Yahoo. How do I get the program back the way it was and with messenger?

I inadvertently un-installed Yahoo from my computer.?
If you are using Windows XP, you could do a System Restore using a restore point prior to uninstalling Yahoo. That will put you back to where you were. If you need to get at your mail right now, you could just enter mail.yahoo.com in your IE address bar. The Yahoo toolbar does not appear under start-%26gt;All programs. To be sure if the toolbar is still installed, click Tools and move your mouse to toolbars and see if there is an entry for Yahoo! toolbar. If so, check Yahoo! toolbar and it should appear. Also when you look at what is installed on your system using Control Panel-%26gt;Add or remove programs, the toolbar and messenger show up as entries under Verizon Yahoo (ordinarily they would show as separate entries) which can be confusing at times. Also, the mail shortcut under All programs may not appear when you install the latest version of Messenger.


No comments:

Post a Comment