Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yahoo Geocities website shutdown?

I started a Free Geocities website for friends %26amp; family, but Yahoo keeps shutting me down, first it was for external links - I deactivited (and they were such bad links -golf course %26amp; restaurant; I found many other geocities with links) ... now they shut me down again but have given me no reason this time. Now I have read the TOS completely %26amp; it says that Yahoo can shut a site down for any reason, I guess they don't like me questioning them %26amp; pointing out the fact that in ITEM 14 of the TOS is does not prevent having links to external websites. No before the spam answer people get all going, yes it is a free website %26amp; yes yahoo makes the rules .... with being said ... any ideas on a better free hosting sites? should I continue to arg with Yahoo? should I shutdown my paid yahoo sites %26amp; move them to another host? (a bit of info I found on the business Yahoo in the TOS -they can shutdown a business website for any reason, take the domain name from the owner and resale it -5.3 of TO

Yahoo Geocities website shutdown?
ive had geocites for five years and never had any problems with them. maybe you could write to geocites from the help link and ask for assistance.
Reply:I would suggest paid hosting, often free hosts "oversell" (in free terms, overprovide) which means if your website doesn't meet strict guidlines they will shut you down so it free up space for another user. Simple but effective from their point of view.





Try my host: www.artichosting.co.uk if you need more information or a custom package or a free 30day trial please contact me and we can sort something out.





Good luck! And I look forward to hearing from you.

pets

No comments:

Post a Comment