Thursday, August 19, 2010

When will Yahoo Go be available for N73 (on Vodafone), I dont know how to set up email for yahoo or hotmail :(

I have now found out that Yahoo Go will send a notification when you receive an email to my N73, however, yahoo Go hasnt been set up yet for my model yet! I also have a hotmail account but I just bought this phone and dont have a clue how to access email from the mailbox. I have downloaded the advance settings from nokia, so now have Hotmail and yahoo on my messaging menu, but when i try accessing.. Hotmail error is 'Server not found' , Yahoo error is 'Connection refused by Server'.





For the connection settings for Hotmail, I have the Incoming and Outgoing Mail server as pop3.mail.hotmail.com.





For the connection settings for Yahoo, I have the incoming mail server as pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and outgoing mail server is smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk.





This is all new to me, so I dont know what im puposed to do.. Can anybody help??


Thanks


Linda

When will Yahoo Go be available for N73 (on Vodafone), I dont know how to set up email for yahoo or hotmail :(
Ask your provider
Reply:Hotmail uses the HTTP protocol not the POP protocol to access your emails. that will be the reason you get the server not found error.


I don't know wether the phone will allow downloading email via HTTP but you can access your emails from the web browser on your N73. Not very quick and you do have to scroll around the page to see all of the message but it does solve the problem.





Yahoo has to be set up to allow access to your mailbox from a source that is not the webmail page. This is probably the reason you get the connection refused error.


Just go to your email options on the yahoo webmail page and set up POP %26amp; forwarding to allow standard pop access through a standalone mail client.


Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment