Sunday, August 22, 2010

Keep yahoo mail as "New" when using mac Mail?

I recently helped a woman with some computer stuff (mac). I set up a pop account for her Yahoo Plus email in mac's Mail program so she could email photos from iphoto with her yahoo address. She only uses the Mail program to send photos directly from iphoto, so she still uses yahoo.com to do everything else related to email. However, every time she opens Mail to send photos it imports all her new yahoo mail, which causes everything to be marked as read in her yahoo.com inbox. Is there any way to keep emails marked as unread in her yahoo account until she physically opens them there?


I think it's a yahoo thing because I have a gmail account set up with mac Mail and even if I read them in Mail, they are still marked as new in my gmail.com inbox.


Thanks for reading, I appreciate it!

Keep yahoo mail as "New" when using mac Mail?
You have instructed Mac's Mail Program, under Server Settings, to automatically download new messages when the program starts.





Instruct Mac's Mail Program to NOT GET new messages when she opens the program.





If you are unable to do that, place an incorrect POP MAIL Server address in the Mac Mail program, creating an error, making retrieving email from Yahoo impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment